December 2, 2013

Sayonara November, Hola December

It's officially here, December! Wow, can you believe how quickly this year has flown by? I think it's actually been a nice year overall. There's been a ton of turns and twist in my own life and in the lives of my family members but the journey and beauty through ashes has proven to me that the human spirit is far more resilient than our minds can ever fathom. My home life has been quite lovely in my opinion. I will not share the exact details to pin-point my story, as this one is very close to my heart, but let's just say that when you, or anyone, is faced with adversity, you can either choose to jump fully underwater and kick back up to retrieve air, or you can just simply let yourself drown. And my dear friends, when you choose to kick, the amount of ruckus you create under water, relinquishing your freedom and realizing you are overcoming fear, is a brilliant manifestation to watch. Journeys like these (whatever they may be..) are a part of living and it's important to enjoy the bad times, so you can have gratitude through the good. Thus, this journey has kept me away from my blog for just a little over a week, and although I missed you all, I am happy to report my quick turnaround of events in pictures. Please enjoy the quick snippets of my life starting from last week's Michael Buble concert to my Thanksgiving. <3 class="separator" data-blogger-escaped-and="" data-blogger-escaped-buble="" data-blogger-escaped-div="" data-blogger-escaped-eat="" data-blogger-escaped-heart="" data-blogger-escaped-ladies="" data-blogger-escaped-le="" data-blogger-escaped-me="" data-blogger-escaped-out="" data-blogger-escaped-your="" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"> Hanging out by the tour bus... what a total floozy.
Picked up TWO new CD's for my Mom.. she L-O-V-E-S him.
Next comes Thanksgiving... I took on a little morning jog to shed a few extra calories before my intake of turkey volumptiousness and cranberry sauce spectacular! Oh! and this little sweet dog tag necklace came in, courtesy of Shields of Strength. A lovely company that makes jewelry with Bible versus. This one in particular has been popping up for me. Literally. In fact, two weeks ago, while driving home after dinner one evening, I was contemplating and reflecting on the journey I spoke briefly about above, and naturally a black, SUV car pulled in front of me as I'm driving. I suddenly noticed the license plate reads: PH413IL as in Phil 4:13 If you are not familiar with the Bible, "Phil" is short for Philippians; 4 stands for the chapter, and 13 stands for the verse, in which it reads: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." And there you have it... this verse, was brought to my attention and has since been my shield for the journey ahead.
So, I ran about, er, um.... okay, who are we kidding? I lightly jogged and speed walked up-hill for 30 minutes. Burned almost 300 calories though, which I was thrilled about.
Hung out with my two pups, Bella, who is my own version of "snoopy" from Charlie Brown, and then there's my other little buddy, Lulu, who joins us. (She's Mom's dog, but her and I are best buds as well). Lulu is pretty hilarious in her own right and has a very kind heart.
Once we wrapped things up at home, I drove to my Aunt's house for a lovely and I mean, beautiful Thanksgiving feast with my Mom's side of the family, where I stuffed my belly with delicious meats and mashed potatoes while watching my cousin's dog Remi watch TV. It's no joke, the dog watches TV!
... the day concluded with a smile of gratitude on my face and an abundance amount of love in my heart. It was the perfect Thanksgiving, and I'm looking forward to a wonderful December, of which I can't wait to share with all of you.
One more thing... It's Mom's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!