September 6, 2017

Nailed It! Simple manicures for all seasons



Can you believe it's September sixth already? I can't. Labor day just flew by and we're closing the final chapter of summer 2017. I'm not worried though, because the heat this year has been unpredictable and downright unbearable at times, especially when hiking! Phew!


Needless to say, whether I'm outdoors or not, I always enjoy having my nails done. It's just my personal splurge. Some people overload on chocolate, buy too many kittens, or wash their car every Saturday (I know a guy), we all have our thing. Mine just so happens to be a bit more, well, girly.


So now that we're entering fall, the typical shades that come to mind are oranges, dark greens, dark reds and even browns. Although those colors may look nice for a certain day of the week, I change my mind too often.


And although I do love my hot pinks, purples and dark mauves, I've recently stuck to the basics. There's just something about French tips, French ombres, light pinks and nudes that look clean, sophisticated and go with any outfit. Just a few coats of these lighter shades with a touch of sparkle and clear coat, and your whole look is pulled together. 


As not to bombard you with a slew of manicure photos, I've pulled my top three to share. Use them for inspiration, alter to our heart's content, but whatever you do, have fun and enjoy your "me time."