December 10, 2017

Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Cookie Recipe


Sunday's are a day of rest; to reflect on your life's journey, count your blessings, and do something that makes you feel happy. While I would have enjoyed a few extra hours of sleep, I had to run a few errands. While waiting in line to purchase some Christmas gifts, I had an idea to try something new today, so I searched up a new cookie recipe, and the rest is history.
Have you ever heard of Hot Chocolate Marshmallow cookies? You heard right, "hot" chocolate.

The name stunned me for a moment as well, until I realized the recipe called for chili powder.  And it all made sense, however at first I was a bit weary, but as it turns out, you can't even taste the chili!

And trust me when I say a few were sampled rather quickly in my home.

If you're up for a challenge, or just want to try something new, follow the directions below and enjoy a batch of your own!
Ingredients:

  • 1 roll pillsbury™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough 
  • 1 cup Nutella® hazelnut spread 
  • 3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa 
  • 3/4 chili powder 
  • 1/2 teaspoon  ground cinnamon 
  • Large marshmallows, cut in half 

Directions:

STEP 1 Heat oven to 350 degrees. STEP 2 In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add hazelnut spread, cocoa, chili powder and cinnamon. Mix with electric mixer on low speed about 5 minutes or until well blended.STEP 3 Shape dough into two-inch balls. Flatten each ball into three-inch round. Add 1 marshmallow half into the dough and cover it completely. Repeat with remaining dough rounds and marshmallows. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.STEP 4 Bake 12-15 minutes or until surface of cookie appears cracked and marshmallow shows through. Cool 5-10 minutes, remove from cookie sheets. Serve warm or store tightly covered. 

Enjoy!