November 19, 2013

Country and Rock & Roll

Country and Rock & Roll




This weekend was the first weekend I had all to myself in quite some time. I had nothing strenuous planned so I was looking forward to it. In the morning I joined my women's Catholic fellowship group and hosted our monthly session for women, with the theme built around gratitude.
 
 What an amazing witness I had the opportunity of being while several ladies of different backgrounds and age groups shared in life's hardships and how they were still able to find God's light and the silver lining. I'm talking deaths, illness, and failures in careers. True testaments of beauty from ashes, and I was "grateful" to join in all these revelations, including some of my own.
 
After the fellowship was over, I was reminded by my phone that in 1.5 hours I was going to do something I've wanted to do for weeks now. I got a 75 minute body massage and let me just tell you, I snored, possibly drooled and woke up feeling amazing, and slightly stoned looking. My hair was disheveled, I was cold and slurring my words. WOW, it was that good and so well deserved.
 
A trip to the local shopping mall was going to be next. I picked up a few shoes, not necessarily needed, but desperately adored after, along with a cute jersey dress from Forever 21, as seen above.
 
Once home, I unbagged my items and got ready for a dinner date night with E. Our tradition and one I love doing with him. We ate a steak dinner and went to see About Time, starring Rachel Mcadams. (LOVE HER! and so does E, apparently..). The movie was an awesome love story of life and relationships with family; finding the one, and going after what you want. We loved it!
 
Through my themed weekend of reflection and getting to know yourself a little better, I decided to base today's outfit off of who I am and pair my pieces from that of slightly edgy and sassy to super sweet. ;) linked up with jointhegossip.com