June 17, 2015

Stress & Adrenal Fatigue


Every person's body is so different." - you hear this over and over, again. Thing is, it's the truth. You're not losing weight, you bust your ass, you gain weight. What is going on? Why is she so thin? Why am I not? All these question can come up for each of us, especially when we compare ourselves. I know I did.

 I recently found out three months ago that I had been suffering from adrenal fatigue and Hashimoto's disease, and the truth is, I don't even know how long prior to that it was happening. All I know now, is that I have a great doctor who is patient, supportive and walking me through each step of the way.

 Stability and recovery may take my body up to two years. Yes, it's that bad, and the reality is, I'm still learning so much about this illness; what it could have done to me, what it has been doing to me, what other problems my poor body was suffering and trying to compensate for because of it, and what the road to recovery looks like. 

I'll tell you -- It's painful, it's frustrating, it's expensive, but it's going to be worth it. For those of you not losing weight fast enough, don't give up, but don't overdo it either. Your body is so sacred and deserves proper care, listen to it and nourish it well. I personally wish I could lose weight faster, but right now I'm just focusing on getting stronger and being a badass! Lisa style! 

If you or anyone you know is suffering from adrenal fatigue, Hashimoto's or hypo/hyperthyroidism please read up on the illness, how it attacks the body, what it does or can do and how people can recover from it. 

With so many illnesses out there, I can't argue enough how important it is to have balance in your life.  Whatever that may be: Yoga,  a relaxing bath twice a week, a walk with your pups, a massage. Just choose good-for-you choices that will ease your body and spirit. Life is more than enough, give yourself some time to breathe.

Big hugs and love to anyone going through any of this. You are most definitely not alone.