February 5, 2016

Hair Care ISSE 2016

"Welcome to the ISSE," I was greeted at the door.


The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) hosted the International Salon and Spa Expo at the Long Beach Convention Center, in Long Beach, California, and I had a front row ticket!
Recognized by Trade Show News Network as one of the industry’s leading shows, the ISSE was held on January 30-February 1, 2016, and housed over 400 global manufacturers, 150 education classes and rows upon rows of live hair demos, styling shears, and introductions to all the latest and greatest in the beauty and hair world.


Opportunities to watch four-time Overall Stylist Choice Awards winner Sam Villa explain a new hair cut technique, to studying the specific way master stylist from Sassoon angle a bob, we're just a couple of courses crowds were swarming to, at this year's expo.





Booth by booth, each company out-lavished the next with high displays of images and products.

Samples were given out to those that engaged in conversations with each brand's staff, and in some cases, won over a welcoming patron (me) to try new things, such as She hair extensions. 


Although, I had a blast getting my hair curled with She extension stylist, Bellami Hair (http://www.bellamihair.com), eventually won over my heart with their 100 percent, human remy hair. I purchased the 20 inch 160 gram, Bambina extensions in the color Ash brown to go with my newly colored locks. 


Moving on to other exhibitors, I noticed Malibu C, a vegan, cruelty-free hair line;


Agadir, who makes Argan oil hair treatments from shampoo to leave-in serums (their products smell amazing); 

And other exhibitors who shared their newest styling wands, barbering techniques, and faster blow-drying products, while beauty brands such as Crown Brushes (http://www.crownbrush.com) and Morphe, (http://www.morphebrushes.com) catered to skin care professionals.




Before wrapping up my visit, I had the exceptional honor of talking to, and snapping a selfie with Dinair founder, Dina Ousley. Known as the leading pioneer in airbrush makeup and cosmetology, Dina is humble, beautiful and welcoming to everyone she talks to. 


Thank you PBA for an incredibly welcoming and wonderful weekend of beauty. I look forward to seeing what you have in store for 2017!


Until next time! Xo