September 27, 2013

All Girl, Day or Night

My Beauty Routine and Style

 
 
 

Here's my deal, when you work as a freelance beauty and fashion editor for a well-known publication, you're prone to test hundreds, if not thousands of products.

 

And trust me, I've had my fair share of skin irritations and reactions, sticky hair, swollen lips and well, the list goes on, but aside from my guinea pig experiences, I have to say, I've stumbled on some favorite beauty items that have worked their way into my morning beauty ritual.

 

Hope you get the chance to try one, two or all 12! It may seem like a lot, but when well placed and blended, it's a divine look that can be worn to work and texturized with the richer eye-palete shades to transform into an evening look.

 
 
 
1. My first step is to wash my face using the Clarisonic brush. This oscillating brush is ideal for cleansing your skin of dirt, grime and sebum, and sloughs off dead skin cells, allowing for a fresh, rosey appearance when finished.
 
2. Next, I use two small pumps of Philosophy Miracle Worker anti-aging serum and blend in a circular motion over face and neck. Now that I'm pushing into my early 30s, life is setting in and I need to take care of my money maker.
 
3. Right after the Miracle worker, I apply in circular motion, the M.A.C Mineralize Charged Water Face+Body Lotion.
 
4. M.A.C. Studio Finish SPF 35 concealer goes under my eyes, sides of nose and chin. You can apply anywhere you have dark shadows or red spots.
 
5. Apply, just like the face lotion and serum, the Smashbox BB cream. This five in one cream gives a perfect slate for your next steps.
 
6. Apply M.A.C Studio Fix powder plus foundation all over your face using the sponge applicator included.
 
7. I personally like to swirl M.A.C Tropical Taboo Mineralize skinfinish ont he apples of my cheeks and curve it ever so slightly up into my temples for a sweet glow.
 
8. With a light hand, Do the same thing with the Cargo Bronzer, or any bronzer to add sun-kissed glow. The shimmer from the Mineralize skinfinish will shine through. 
 
9. In soft, circular motions, add Smashbox Blush in Rush to just the apples of your cheeks.
 
10. Add the softest light pink of Smashbox 'Photo Op Softbox' Eyeshadow Palette to your entire lid up to the brow and then add the top left brown shimmer shade and lower far left shade in a plum/brown to the creases of your eyes blending outward for a subtle cat-eye. (sorry, I can't recall the names).
 
11. Finish off your look by adding Baby lips soft chapstick/moisturizer by Maybelline to lips; and
 
12. NYX Round stick lipstick (in Christie) layerd on top.