October 25, 2013

Fall & Knits

Fall & Knits

 
HAPPY FRIDAY Y'ALL!
okay, so I might not be Southern, nor a little bit county, but I am a bit rock 'n' roll. My favorite season is upon us and I am thrilled with the cooler weather we Calis are experiencing and I've brought it upon myself to adorn my outfit with the ultimate blue scarf and proudly stomp around the office in my favorite  pair of Uggs.  And let me just tell you, people (coworkers) are taking notice.
 
 In fact, one guy complimented my scarf, another mentioned the chilly temperatures and one delighted in the fact that she "couldn't wait to dust off her boots and prepare them for next week's outfit."  So what does that tell you? It tells you that everyone loves the FALL!!!  
 
Get ready because this season's must have staple is a chunky knit!
 
Whether it's an awesomely over sized sweater (preferably), a knitted scarf (duh!) or a tribal designed or loosely fitting beanie (of course!) all items are well received.
 
My favorite pairing:
Like the simple basics of the summer (think white tee with loose fit jeans), a chunky sweater can be just as versatile, but opt for skinny or boot cut jeans in this case, as loose fitting can make you seem like a pile of puddin' and not the delicious looking kind.
 
Accessorize with what else?
Gold Hoops! small ones, medium ones or large will do. If you're a bit edgy, go for the ones that have wording in them.  Want more elegance? Choose a simple clear/white diamond/rhinestone stud or pearl. This look is sweet and understated to complement a bulky sweater and frame-fitting jeans.

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
Shoes and handbags should be chosen dependent upon your plans for the day AND your style. If you're a relaxed girl who is looking to be laid back, lace up your favorite converse. Got a party-rocker persona? Step into your snakeskin booties. Looking to show off your butt or legs? Slide on your tall boots with the heels. You know which ones I'm talking about you sex-kitten, you.
 
Others
What about the hair? The make up? The...... guuuurrrrllll, take a deep breath. I'm just helping you with your outfit today, but with the right attitude  you've got the rest under control. I can just feel it in my chilly bones. Take a look at yourself in the mirror and repeat after me. "I am such a bad ass!"  See? instant boom!
 
Have a cozy rest of your day!
 
Xo
Lisa Love






H&M cotton sweater, $32 / H&M brown cable knit sweater, $24 / 2nd Day outerwear, $325 / Michael Kors loop scarf / Forever 21 pom beanie hat / Forever 21 scarve / Forever 21 scarve / H&M cable knit beanie hat, $11