January 8, 2014

Peeking past the clouds, and then there's this...


It's the start of the New Year, and I know, I knowwwwww... I haven't been around in a month! But I can explain myself. There's been some family circumstances that have kept me busy. For starters, I'm in the throws of helping my Mama heal from a very upsetting illness that I'd rather not travel too deeply into sharing, and the first of EVER opening up to sharing anything, even that small bit on this here blog. Some things are just too private to be slathered all over the net, anyhow.



My other life changing event that has recently occurred, is the birth of my newest nephew, Evan Isaiah. This little bundle is beyond adorable. Remember the baby shower I shared a few months back? Yep, that was for him!

Pics will come down the road. For now, I'm letting him unravel his essence into the world one day at a time. Some day soon though, you will be cooing just as much as I have been over his precious face in no time. For now, let's get back on a lighter level of fun and girly things, and let me share with you two new things I've tried this week!


The first: RED LIPS!




All together now.. Oooooooooohhhhh..........Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... Red lips are pretty intense, I must say, but it was a challenge I needed to take on.


I used Lorac lipstick shade in Leading Lady


My second trial and discovery was a messy side bun. I literally curled my hair with a flat iron to get a swirled ribbon look, pulled it over to the side and flipped over my wrists a couple times to twist it and just started bobbing pinning, allowing the hair to fall where it may. Instant work look that's classy and professional. 


And that's all I've got! :) 
Hope you're all having a great week so far. 

Xo
Lisa Love